Website FNB South Africa
To provide IT expertise and advice in the design, creation, testing and documentation of new and enhanced applications and systems in accordance with agreed framework of programming standards. To produce logical and technical specifications from functional specifications and to write the code for medium to large applications.
- Increase operational efficiency and suggest solutions to enhance cost effectiveness.
- Produce program specifications and implement system enhancements by addressing specific business needs and resolving queries.
- Produce technical specifications and architecture that is in accordance to agreed standards. Design, code, test and debug to obtain a robust solution with supporting documentation.
- Code, compile, test and implement applications in compliance with the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Support development environments. Responsible for coding standards and peer reviews.
- Minimise system downtime through pro-active identification of potential issues and ensure minimisation of recurring problems by managing defects and performing code reviews.
- Assess, identify and mitigate potential risks within the IT programming environment by complying with technology business policy and process requirements (SDLC and change / release management process definition) to ensure operational performance.
- Deliver exceptional service that exceeds customers’ expectations through proactive, innovative and appropriate solutions by resolving queries fast end effectively.
- Comply, understand and implement all steps within IT development and meet governance in terms of legislative and audit requirements during programming execution.
Qualification & Experience:
- System Design experience advantageous.
- 3 – 5 years experience in programming.
- Familiar with one or more programming languages as appropriate for the specific requirements of the department related to the field.
- Minimum: B.Comm, B.Eng, BSC Eng, BSC Informatics or related degree.
Company: FNB South Africa
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A