Website eThekwini Municipality
To undertake the effective design, planning and analysis of all protection systems to ensure a high quality of electricity supply, as well as the effective control and functioning of the Protection Engineering Division.
- Develop, implement and maintain an overall protection strategy.
- Research and investigate protection system mal-operations and operational sequences with associated testing and reporting thereon.
- Design and plan new protection systems.
- Undertake network analysis and calculation of system fault levels.
- Create, update and maintain all computerised protection schematic diagrams.
- Audit all protection systems and equipment and study system stability.
- Calculate protection settings and setting of all protection equipment in the field.
- Oversee all protection scheme wiring additions and alterations undertaken in the system and control and update the associated schematic and wiring diagram transparencies/computerised records.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer (Pr Eng) with the Engineering Council of South Africa.
- Pass a proficiency test set by the department to prove sufficient general knowledge of electrical and protection theory.
- Valid motor vehicle driving license (Code B).
- Must be in possession of a First Aid Certificate or obtain one within 6 months of the date of appointment.
- 5 Years post registration experience
- Computer Literacy
- Bachelor of Science Degree (Electrical Engineering) obtained through an accredited Further
- Education and Training Institute.
Company: eThekwini Municipality
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A