Website eThekwini Municipality
Directs the consolidation of inputs into the disaster management operational requirements for functional objective setting purposes to give effect to the mandate of the municipality of protecting property and persons in the event of disaster occuring.
- Control and Closed Circuit Television Monitoring Centre during major incidents/crises.
- Directs and controls responses and recovery interventions during disasters.
- Directs and controls outcomes associated with utilization, productivity and performance of personnel with the Branch.
- Prepares capital and operating estimates and controls expenditure against the approved budget allocations.
- Directs and controls the alignment and implementation of interventions aimed at improving preparedness and the quality of response and reaction.
- Disseminates functional information on the immediate, short and long term objectives and current developments, problems and constraints.
- Manages the administrative information consolidation and reporting requirements associated with the key performance and result indicators of the functionality.
- Manages processes associated with the preparation of submissions for introducing new or, for review of existing policy frameworks and, implementation of specific procedures, systems and controls to direct the core functions of the Branch.
- Directs complex analytical, evaluative and interpretative process to enable the development of a framework to guide the operational management of the Disaster Management, Emergency
- Identifies with the broader key performance areas that support the strategic intent and the
- Units objectives from a service delivery and performance perspective.
Qualification & Experience:
- 6 Years relevant experience.
- Relevant post graduate qualification.
- Relevant 3 year tertiary qualification.
- Valid motor vehicle drivers license (Code B).
- 8 Years relevant experience.
Company: eThekwini Municipality
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ethekwini, KwaZulu-Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A