Website Department of Environmental Affairs
- Knowledge of National Environment Management Air Quality Act, and other
- Air quality information matters and information systems, air quality monitoring and related legislation that support atmospheric quality information management and dissemination.
- A Four (4) year Degree (NQF8) in Environmental / Natural Sciences or equivalent qualification in a related field, coupled with six (6) years post qualification experience in the related field.
- Appropriate experience or knowledge of current air quality management and other environmental issues.
- Sound knowledge of government’s air quality and protection related policies, priorities, and strategies.
- In addition, the candidate must have general knowledge of government’s standard administrative procedures. Business and project plan monitoring and reporting methodologies.
- relevant regulatory framework.
- Knowledge of Environmental and development issues (globally, regionally, locally).
- A good understanding of the air quality governance cycle as described in the National Framework for Air Quality Management.
- Provide External Capacity Development support.
- Develop and maintain the South African Air Quality Information System (SAAQIS).
- Developing standard operating procedures relating to the various aspects of the SAAQIS.
- Produce outreach materials to promote SAAQIS.
- Prepare documentation on system functions
- Constantly evaluating training needs for users; Developing operational guidelines and manuals to support reporting into SAAQIS.
- Establishing and operating the SAAQIS Help Desk.
- Providing remedial training and workshops for SAAQIS End Users.
- Providing desktop and technical support to authorities and other users.
- Ensure National Ambient Air Quality Monitoring Network (NAAQMN) and SAAQIS system enhancement are fully implemented. Analyze of NAAQMN/SAAQIS Data and preparation of “alert” reports.
Company: Department of Environmental Affairs
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A