M-Pesa, is a pioneer and global market leader in mobile money. From starting in 2007 as a convenient means by which the unbanked and underbanked can send money digitally, M-Pesa has now grown to offer millions of customers financial services, enterprise, merchant, and retail solutions. We are proud of our work in enabling the digital economy in our markets, and in driving financial inclusion.
- Conduct thorough in-market commercial discovery using to determine customers’ needs and desires.
- Bring new M-PESA products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs.
- Drive engagement with the off-footprint partners to strengthen commercial and financial analysis in roadmap decision and implementing products & enablers.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company’s product to competitors’ products within payments and financial services industry.
- Recommend the nature and scope of the launch portfolio and as well as future M-PESA products and services investigating new product ideas and/or product changes.
- Identify opportunities for M-PESA products and services innovation and enhancements
- Articulate market requirements, consumer trends and opportunities for M-PESA products and services
- Development of a strong product strategy and roadmap for each new market:
- Passion for, and commitment to driving mobile money growth and innovation.
- Solid influencing and negotiation skills.
- Strong understanding of mobile and internet technologies as well as knowledge of mobile applications for the major mobile platforms (Android & iOS).
- Expertise in developing partnerships with third parties.
- Self-starter with exceptional people, presentation, and communication skills.
- Analytical bent of mind, a structured thinker with strong business acumen.
- Experience driving product roadmaps and working with agile squads in product development.
- 7+ years of professional experience with at least 5 years in payments and/or mobile money/merchant acquiring.
- Bachelor’s degree is required (business degree, engineering degree plus commercial knowledge), a master’s degree in a related field is preferred.
- Experience in a complex, multi-national environment
- International experience and multicultural sensitivity.
- High customer focus and ability to communicate effectively; inspire and influence
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A