The role of the Risk and Compliance Manager is to create a governance framework and oversee the implementation and monitoring of risk, compliance, and regulatory controls within the content and the Digital Lifestyle Services (DLS) division.
- Ability to translate and embed the ICASA, WASPA, POPIA, and CPA requirements into business processes.
- Developing robust third-party due diligence protocols as well as ensuring that there is appropriate ongoing oversight and control over such third-party providers.
- Supporting the business in legal and commercial discussions with third-party providers.
- Fraud incident monitoring, investigations, and reporting.
- Regulatory and Legislative Compliance Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting.
- Perform annual review of frameworks and policies.
- Ensuring alignment and compliance with Group policies and regulatory frameworks.
- Develop procedures to proactively manage risk across the business ranging from operational risk, legal risk, compliance risk, fraud risk, and third-party risk.
- Collate and analyze information from various sources to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of the internal risk and compliance controls. The information must be documented together with action items and control plans and communicated to relevant internal stakeholders.
- Performing 3rd Party due to diligence assessments with Cyber security and SCM.
- Stakeholder management.
- Establishing a regulatory and governance framework for the content and digital lifestyle business and sensitizing relevant internal stakeholders.
- Reviewing customer journeys, campaigns, and digital marketing initiatives to ensure compliance, with relevant policies and guidelines.
- 3-year degree or National Diploma essential in BCom, LLB, BA Law, or related is essential
- Matric / Grade 12 is essential.
- Analytical and sound financial skills.
- Relationship management includes influencing and persuasion skills.
- Experience with POPIA.
- Attention to detail and the ability to draft risk and compliance reports and packs.
- Ability to influence and strong negotiating skills.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in risk and compliance within the digital and content services industry is essential
- Experience in dealing with ICASA and/or WASPA.
- Effective interpersonal and communication (verbal and written skills).
- Experience in cyber security and information security.
- Ability to transfer regulatory knowledge into sound business practices.
- Presentation and facilitation skills.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A