Website Anglo American
The Supply Chain Manager will drive Supply Chain Operational Excellence through successful implementation of contracts, resolution/escalation of supplier performance issues and supporting Global and Regional commercial teams as well as Company Representatives. The team will not conduct any sourcing and contracting activities but will support the Global and Regional Teams where required.
- Influence the Supply Chain category strategies to ensure support of successful execution of asset strategies.
- Ensure cross collaboration between internal and external stakeholders and act as a single point of contact to resolve complex Supply Chain issues and escalations from the operations.
- Responsible for providing asset specific inputs to global, regional and BU strategies, targets and plans and ensuring overall asset priorities and objectives are translated
- Ensure relevant site specifications are included in contractual documentation and manage successful implementation and performance management of contracts at asset level to ensure value in use.
- Lead and manage the team through provision of supervision, coaching, development and active performance management.
- Provide leadership to Inclusive Procurement and host community initiative implementation through effective screening, validation, risk identification and contractual requirement input.
- Collaborate with Asset Leadership to ensure alignment to Supply Chain strategy and influence delivery of the asset strategy (5 year plan).
- Drive ownership of asset Scorecard, Supply Chain Targets and value working capital
- Provide strong Supply Chain leadership at an asset level to the General Manager and Heads of Department.
- Ensure integration of asset requirements into demand planning, forecasting, commercial planning and the procurement pipeline
- Inclusive/Local Procurement
- Strong negotiation skills
- Continuous Supply Chain improvement and optimisation
- Supplier and Contractor Relationship Management
- Effective influencing and engagement experience/skills
- Strong overall knowledge of Supply Chain Management in a global context (Sourcing, Purchasing, Category management, Physical SC etc)
- Commercial understanding and application
- Sound knowledge of customers and suppliers
- Strong leadership / management skills,
Qualification & Experience:
- An undergraduate qualification – Bachelor’s degree level or equivalent
- Proven track record of extensive practical experience in relevant field
- A postgraduate qualification (Honours/ Masters degree or equivalent) in a relevant discipline OR a proven track record of extensive practical experience in a role and context of similar complexity
Company: Anglo American
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Thabazimbi, Limpopo, SA
Application Deadline: N/A