Website Anglo American
We produce high-grade iron ore, the key component in steel widely used in construction and manufacturing across the world. Our activities include all aspects – exploration; mining; processing and blending; shipping; marketing and selling. In South Africa.
- Manage a safe and healthy work environment where workers and contractor can deliver their outputs within a controlled risk environment.
- Design Drill Patterns
- Provide technical support on timing, initiation point, blasting sequence and tying up of holes to ensure conformance to set standards.
- Provide advice to relevant stakeholders on surface blasting practices to proactively alleviate or avoid any unnecessary problems and to ensure statutory compliance at all times.
- Manage the section’s expenditure within the approved budget to ensure effective cost control and savings.
- Monitor blasting activities, analyse results and submit recommendations to achieve the desired fragmentation.
- Scrutinise, inspect, and approve blast block designs to ensure safe blasting practices and conformance to set standards.
- Driver’s Licence: Code B (Light Vehicle)
- Blasting/ Rock Breaking Certificate
- 1-3 years’ operational or technical experience in Blasting or Drilling operations
Qualification & Experience:
- Grade 12/N3 or relevant qualification (B Tech/ BSc/ BEng Mining Engineer)
- Blasting Engineering Training Certificate
Company: Anglo American
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Postmasburg, Northern Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A