The Anti-DDoS team is the frontline defense for all DDoS threats world-wide, against all Amazon & AWS customers and services. Our architecture must be highly scalable, performant, and continually evolve against threats as they emerge.
The Anti-DDoS team is looking for systems development engineers to dive deep into the automation that keeps our global fleet available, performant, and resilient so that our customers remain protected. The ideal candidate has strong technical background in systems engineering, automation, and networking concepts. Existing experience in network security a plus!
Candidates who enjoy the challenges of an ever-changing landscape to automate availability, has deep analytical skills and excellent communication skills will find the Anti-DDoS team to be inline with their interests and desire for a challenge. You must be able to highly collaborate, be creative, analytical and thrive in technologically challenging environments, all while interacting with highly technical software and networking development teams.
- Systems Engineering experience in Linux / Unix
- Experience with TCP/IP, DHCP and general Computer Networking.
- Experience building scripts, tooling, and automation for large-scale computing environments.
- Experience in at least two of: Python, Java, Perl, PHP, Ruby, Bash/Shell
- Experience building automated tools in Python, Java and/or Ruby
- Experience with open-source technologies
- Experience with agile software development practices
- Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non-technical peers
- Experience with maintaining distributed systems and web services
- Understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
- Automation, testing or monitoring framework development
- Experience on cloud computing
- Self-drive to keep moving things forward even in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge (resilient to hazards of “analysis paralysis”)
- Strong sense of ownership and drive
- Experience operating large scale systems
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer, and we value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Amazon is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from South African citizens who are members of designated groups who may contribute to Employment Equity within the workplace and the further diversification of ideas. In this regard, the relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity will be considered when appointing potential candidates. We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. Amazon requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae.
Company – Amazon Dev Centre South Africa
Job ID: A1992915